Student Visa

Student Visa (subclass 500)

If you want to enrol at an Australian education institution as an international student, in a course of at least four months or more in duration, you will need to apply for a Student visa (subclass 500). This visa allows you to stay in Australia to study full-time in an Australian education institution registered on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS).

ACEcelent Education & Migration Qualified Education Agent Counsellors (QEAC) possess the knowledge and experience to assist you to select the best city, institution and course/s to achieve your career goals. To ensure that you enrol in the most suitable school and course to embark on your dream career, let our Qualified Education Agent Counsellors (QEAC) provide you with a FREE Assessment.

After obtaining your Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE), our Registered Migration Agent in Perth will assist you to apply for a student visa (subclass 500).

After the commencement of your course, you are able to work up to 40 hours per fortnight while your course is in session. During semester break, you are able to work unlimited hours. If you have commenced your Masters by Research or Doctoral Degree, you may work unlimited hours.

Your dependent family members can also work up to 40 hours per fortnight at all times. However, if you have commenced a course in a Masters or Doctoral Degree, there is no limit on the number of hours a dependent family member may work.

Student Guardian visa (subclass 590)

If you are a guardian of an international student who is younger than 18 years of age and is studying in Australia on a student visa, you may apply for the Student Guardian visa (subclass 590).

To be eligible, you must:

  • be the student’s parent, legal guardian or relative
  • have enough money to support yourself and the student during your stay (you must show evidence of financial capacity)
  • be able to provide accommodation and other support
  • be at least 21 years of age (unless you are the parent or legal guardian of the student)

There can be only one Student Guardian visa holder per student visa holder. This visa does not generally allow you to work in Australia. You are able to stay in Australia for the same length of time as the student visa holder or until the student turns 18 years of age. The maximum length of stay is up to 5 years.