If you are currently enrolled in a Masters or Doctoral course, holding visa subclasses 500, 573 and 574 in Perth, Western Australia and is considering bringing your child/children to Perth, they are not required to pay mainstream international tuition fees for the duration of your postgraduate study period. However, they will be required to pay the contributions and charges that apply to all public primary and secondary schools.
The tuition fee waiver only applies when you are currently enrolled in full-time postgraduate studies at a recognised Western Australian university. If your child/children want to enrol in a public primary or secondary school before you commence your postgraduate studies or after you have completed your postgraduate studies, then, they will have to pay mainstream international tuition fees.
- Step 1: Please contact TAFE International Western Australia (TIWA) to obtain the Confirmation of Placement Letter/s for your child/children.
- Step 2: Please send us the Confirmation of Placement Letter/s and let us know when you would like to bring your child/children. We will then obtain a quotation from an Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) insurer to add your child/children to your OSHC Policy.
- Step 3: If you are agreeable to the OSHC quotation, we will send you an invoice for the OSHC and purchase it on your behalf.
- Step 4: Prepare identification documents and lodge visas
- Step 5: When your dependant visas are granted, you will need to contact the International Office at your University to complete a Request for School Placement of Dependants Form. TAFE International Western Australia (TIWA) will approach government schools to find a place for your child/children. Please note you should not approach schools directly – the University and TIWA will co-ordinate the placement on your behalf.
Bringing your child/children to Perth will expose them to a different education system and new experiences, which will aid in their development and broaden their horizons. It will definitely be an experience of a lifetime for them!