Pre-departure Information2023-09-26T13:29:53+00:00

Pre-departure Information

Overseas Student Health Cover

All international students must have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the entire duration of their student visa. You must arrange for your OSHC before you apply for a visa. ACECelent Education & Migration can help you to apply for OSHC before we assist you to apply for your student visa. Alternatively, you can obtain OSHC from the provider of your choice.

Australian Government Study In Australia Website

Visit the official Australian Government website for international students to find out more information about life and studying in Australia.

Bank Account

You can choose to set up an account with any bank or credit union in Australia. The four major banks are:


You will need to attend an Orientation prior to the start of your studies. This will provide you with information about the school, the student support team and services you can access while studying at the institution.

Emergency Contact Numbers

  • Life Threatening Emergencies:     000
  • Police (Not Emergency):     131 444
  • Poisons Information Centre:     131 126
  • Crisis Care:     1800 198 024
  • Health Direct:     1800 022 222