Study In Australia2018-11-11T17:08:37+00:00

Study In Australia

Thinking of studying in Australia? Australia is well known for being one of the world’s most culturally diverse and welcoming countries who offers a world class education. 4 Australian Universities are ranked in the top 100 in the world according to the Centre for World University Rankings 2018-2019. They are the University of Melbourne (57th), University of Sydney (71st), University of Queensland (74th) and Australian National University (82nd). Other Australian Universities to make the top 150 list includes University of New South Wales (119th), Monash University (124th) and University of Western Australia (145th). (Source: Centre for World University Rankings)

To ensure that international students studying in Australia receive a high quality education, Australia has put in place systems and processes. Vocational Education and Training (VET) institutions are governed by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) and providers for higher education are governed by Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TESQA). These Government organisations are responsible for the registration and re-registration of institutions and the accreditation and re-accreditation of courses.

In Australia, only education institutions who are registered on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) can enrol and deliver education services to students on a student visa. Australia also provides protection for international students through the Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) Act 2000 which sets out the legal framework governing delivery of education to international students in Australia on a student visa. Australian education institutions also have to adhere to the National Code of Practice for Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students 2018 (National Code), which sets nationally consistent standards for the delivery of courses to overseas standards.

Therefore, you can be assured that you will receive a high quality education and an enjoyable and rewarding studying experience when you study in Australia.

The Australian Government also has an initiative called the Tuition Protection Service (TPS) to assist international students whose education providers are unable to fully deliver their course of study. In the unlikely event that your education provider is unable to deliver a course that you have paid for and (1) does not meet their obligations to either offer you an alternative course that you accept or (2) pay you a refund of your unspent prepaid tuition fees, the TPS will assist you to find an alternative course or to get a refund if a suitable alternative is not found. 

International Student Statistics in May 2018

Number of international enrolments – 799,371 (an increase of 13% over 2016)

Top 5 countries

  • China – 30%
  • India – 11%
  • Nepal – 5%
  • Malaysia – 4%
  • Brazil – 4%

Number of different nationalities – 194

Percentage of students in each Sector

  • Higher Education – 44% (350,472 students)
  • Vocational Education and Training (VET) – 27% (217,696 students)
  • English / ELICOS – 19% (155,448 students)
  • Schools – 3% (25,762 students)

Source: Australian Government Department of Education and Training

Education Costs

The costs of studying in Australia depend on the institution and the level of study you choose. The list below gives you an indication of the costs for different qualifications.

  • School – $7,800 to $30,000
  • English / ELICOS – Around $300 per week depending on course length
  • Vocational Education and Training (VET) (Certificates I to IV, Diploma and Advanced Diploma) – $4,000 to $22,000
  • Undergraduate Bachelor Degree – $15,000 to $33,000
  • Postgraduate Masters Degree – $20,000 to $37,000
  • Doctoral Degree – $14,000 to $37,000

Support Services for International Students

Under Australian law, your education institution must offer you support services to help you to adjust to study and life in Australia. They should also support you to achieve your learning goals and maintain satisfactorily progress in your studies. Many institutions also offer career advice services.

Your education institution must give you advice on:

  • Support and welfare services available at the institution
  • Legal services
  • Emergency and health services
  • Facilities and resources
  • Complaints and appeals processes
  • Any student visa condition that relates to the course you are studying
  • Services international students can access for information on your employment rights and conditions and how to resolve workplace issues

Using an Education Agent

You can enrol directly with an Australian education institution or use an Education Agent to assist you with your application and student visa application. Australian law requires institutions to use only Education Agents who act honestly and with integrity. Education Agents must provide you with accurate advice and information about courses and living in Australia. You should only engage the services of the Education Agent if they are able to assist you to enrol in a course that is suitable for you and will help you to achieve your learning goals.

ACEcelent Education and Migration has Qualified Education Agent Counsellors (QEAC) who possess the knowledge and experience to assist you to select the best city, institution and course/s to achieve your education goals. In Australia, Education Agents cannot give you information on visa and immigration matters. Only Registered Migration Agents can do this. ACEcelent, being a one-stop Education and Migration Specialist, has Registered Migration Agents (RMA) who can assist you with visas and immigration enquiries. We will follow up with you throughout your studies to assist with any post-enrolment issues. Upon graduation, we can assist you to enrol in further studies or apply for Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) or other relevant visas that is suited to your circumstances.

ACEcelent Helps You to Study in Australia

Study in Australia

Application Process to Study in Australia:

  1. After understanding your goals and objectives you hope to achieve from your studies, we will provide you with options and advice to help you decide which course/s and institution to apply for.
  2. We will help assess your previous qualifications and/or work experience and determine if you can meet the entry requirements. We will then help you to apply for the course.
  3. After the institution assesses and accepts your application, you will be issued with a Letter of Offer.
  4. If you accept the course and the terms and conditions contained in the Letter of Offer, you can then proceed to make payment to the institution. Once payment is received by the institution, you will receive your Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE).
  5. We will then help you apply for your Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) which is required for the application of your Student visa (subclass 500). If eligible family members are accompanying you to Australia, we can also help them to process their visa.
  6. We will also guide and assist you with travel and accommodation arrangements.
  7. After you commence your studies, we will follow up with you to ensure that you have adjusted to your life in Australia and assist you with any social or cultural issues.